Breaking News

The US economy is cooling down. Why experts say there’s no reason to worry yet US troops will leave Chad as another African country reassesses ties 2024 NFL Draft Grades, Day 2 Tracker: Analysis of Every Pick in the Second Round Darius Lawton, Sports Studies | News services | ECU NFL Draft 2024 live updates: Day 2 second- and third-round picks, trades, grades and Detroit news CBS Sports, Pluto TV Launch Champions League Soccer FAST Channel LSU Baseball – Live on the LSU Sports Radio Network The US House advanced a package of 95 billion Ukraine and Israel to vote on Saturday Will Israel’s Attack Deter Iran? The United States agrees to withdraw American troops from Niger

Over the past year, Deseret News sports reporters have provided readers with a steady diet of stories about team performance in games, personnel changes, brighter moments and biggest heartbreaks.

But what readers seemed to like most was the information about what was happening off the field or court.

Half of the top 10 most read sports stories of 2022 featured events that took place backstage or in the stands. BYU football fans, in particular, were drawn to articles about how opposing fans behaved during BYU games—and the public apologies that often followed.

Utah football fans, on the other hand, loved reading about their team’s unusual path to the Pac-12 championship and how USC’s biggest stars reacted to being crushed.

As we prepare to bid farewell to another exciting year of sports, here’s a look at the stories that performed best among Deseret News readers:

10. Here’s the moment between Jaren Hall and Jake Oldroyd that had people talking

The 10th most-read sports story of 2022 featured an emotional moment: BYU quarterback Jaren Hall’s gesture of support for a struggling teammate.

After BYU’s defense secured a double-overtime victory on September 10 against Baylor, Hall looked to kicker Jake Oldroyd on the wing. On the same subject : All Star Press studio is teaming up with Chicago pro teams to bring sports, technology together. Oldroyd was blaming himself for missed shots in the fourth quarter and first period of overtime.

Images and videos of the couple’s embrace were shared across social media. “Leadership,” the BYU football account tweeted along with a photo of Hall and Oldroyd.

Paolo Banchero Magic Block Saves Game, GW Assist vs Kings
This may interest you :
Paolo Banchero followed up an impressive display in the Magic’s Summer League…

9. BYU QB Baylor Romney announces he’s leaving the program

BYU football started 2022 on a sour note after backup quarterback Baylor Romney announced he was leaving the program. See the article : QuakeCon launches with free classic games and PC Game Pass sneaks.

At the time, Romney said he wasn‘t sure what the future would hold; he later announced that he was done with college football for good and launched his professional career.

Although Deseret’s article on Romney’s decision was published on December 31, 2021, it racked up page views during the first month of the new year. It ended up being the ninth most read sports story of 2022.

Is it a sport? Aaron Rodgers, Zach Wilson, QBs NFL producing off-season drama
Read also :
By: Charlotte WilderFOX Sports ColumnistWhen you think of sports, you probably think…

8. A detailed breakdown of why the 3-team Pac-12 championship game tiebreaker worked out in Utah’s favor

Utah football had a lot to celebrate on the last game day of the 2022 regular season. To see also : Sports Betting in Indiana: Online Sports Betting Promotions, Caesars Sportsbook Mobile App, Free Bets, Best Bonus. Not only did the Utes crush Colorado, but they also clinched a berth in the Pac-12 championship thanks to the results of several other games.

In this year’s eighth most-read sports story, reporter Joe Coles offered an in-depth analysis of the Pac-12 tiebreaker rules and why Utah beat the other two schools 7-2 to win the trip to Las Vegas.

letter from dr Tromp: Business Updates - Boise State News
Read also :
I would like to share some updates about our business operations. We…

7. What Baylor nation said about their experience at the home of future Big 12 rival BYU

Some of the top sports stories of 2022 involve BYU fans being hounded. But the seventh most read story brought praise to home game routines.

Published about 12 hours after BYU and Baylor’s two-overtime thriller finally ended, the article highlighted tweets from Baylor fans who were impressed by the fans’ experience at LaVell Edwards Stadium.

“Hate the way it ended for my Bears but what an atmosphere and what great hosts,” tweeted one Baylor fan.

6. What USC coach Lincoln Riley and QB Caleb Williams said after their Pac-12 championship loss to Utah

After Utah’s big win against USC in the Pac-12 championship, Utah fans wanted to know more than how Kyle Whittingham, Cam Rising and other Utes felt about the game.

They also wanted to hear from the folks at USC about what went wrong, which explains how an article about head coach Lincoln Riley and quarterback Caleb Williams became the sixth most-read sports story of 2022.

“We’re not going to walk around like it’s a funeral. We’ve made a lot of progress to get to this point,” Riley said after the game.

5. Why Aaron Rodgers recently found a Book of Mormon in his locker

The fifth most read sports story of 2022 highlighted one of the NFL’s most distinguished stars: Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. He recounted his September 2 appearance on “The Pat McAfee Show,” during which he described receiving a Book of Mormon from his punter.

“He took the time and got through it because he knew how detail-oriented I am and would probably check it out,” Rodgers said, noting that the gift came after he teased the punter for dressing like a missionary.

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) takes the field prior to a preseason game against the New Orleans Saints on Friday, Aug. 19, 2022, in Green Bay, Wis.

Jeffrey Phelps, Associated Press

4. Utah ties transaction tracker

This summer, as NFL teams tweaked their rosters in preparation for the 2022-23 season, reporter Brandon Judd meticulously tracked how players with Utah ties fared during the various stages of training camp.

Judd’s Utah transaction tracker collected pageviews for the entire month of August, making it the fourth most read sports story of the year.

3. Oregon fans’ offensive chant directed at BYU fans’ religion draws rebuke from Utah Gov. Spencer Cox

Oregon may have beaten BYU on the field on September 17, but they lost in the court of public opinion. The school faced intense resistance from a student-led chant targeting members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints heard at Autzen Stadium during the second half of the game.

“Religious intolerance alive and celebrated in Oregon,” Utah Governor Spencer Cox tweeted about the chant.

Reporter Jay Drew’s breaking news of the chant and initial reaction was the third most read sports story of 2022.

Oregon students cheer during a college football game with BYU at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon, on Saturday, September 17, 2022.

2. Oregon apologizes for ‘despicable chants’ directed at BYU fans and their religion during Saturday’s game at Autzen Stadium

Drew’s follow-up article on the Oregon chant also made the top 10 list, coming in at number two. The story featured an apology from a University of Oregon official.

“The university apologizes for the sleazy chants made by some University of Oregon fans in today’s football game with Brigham Young University. There is no place for hatred, prejudice or bigotry at the University of Oregon. These actions are simply unacceptable. We will investigate and urge our students and the campus community to refuse to condone or tolerate this type of behavior,” said Kris Winter, interim vice president of the Division of Student Life at the University of Oregon, in a statement to Deseret. News.

1. Stanford Athletics says it ‘deeply regrets’ offense caused by band’s halftime show

The most read sports story of the year came from BYU’s final regular season game against the Stanford Cardinal and highlighted yet another slip up against the Latter-day Saints.

During the Stanford band’s halftime show, the band members acted out a same-sex marriage while referencing the eternal marriage doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this article, reporter Ryan McDonald reported on the incident and shared an apology from Stanford’s athletic department.

“The Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band (LSJUMB) has a long history of lighthearted, satirical halftime performances. Unfortunately, some of the language used in Saturday’s halftime show did not reflect Stanford University’s values ​​of religious freedom and diversity, inclusion and belonging. LSJUMB deeply regrets that this performance offended spectators, and the halftime performance review and approval process is being adjusted to ensure issues like this do not reoccur,” said the Stanford Athletics statement, originally published by the Stanford student newspaper. BYU. , The Daily Universe.

Où regarder les match de NCAA ?

The ESPN TV network is one of the American sports networks available in France. It allows you to watch a match of NCAA football games and other US sports. C’est un abonnement et il faudra débourser environ 12 € par mois.

How much does YouTube TV cost per month? How much does YouTube TV cost? The basic YouTube TV plan is $64.99/month with 100 channels of sports, news and live entertainment in English and Spanish. The Spanish plan costs $34.99/month with 28-channel Spanish TV.

What channels are included with YouTube TV?

YouTube TV lets you stream live and local sports, news and shows from 70 channels including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, HGTV, TNT and more. Local and regional programming is also provided with YouTube TV, providing full local network coverage in over 98% of US TV households.

What is the downside of YouTube TV?

The main disadvantage of YouTube TV is the cost. At $64.99 a month, it’s one of the more expensive live TV services, and the price will be even higher if you add additional features like 4K support or expand your channel selection.

Can you get YouTube TV for free?

New subscribers can sign up to try YouTube TV. With a trial, you get access to over 85 channels offered in the Basic Plan during the trial period. You can also sign up to try out extra networks like HBO Max or Spanish Plus before adding them to your YouTube TV subscription.

Does BYU football only recruit Mormons?

Despite its roots as a religious institution, BYU has also gained quite a reputation in sports. Contrary to popular belief, the university’s sports are not solely committed to LDS players, although it is certainly a hub for Mormon athletes.

Do BYU football players need to go on an errand? BYU football signs players in all hiring classes who defer their application for two years to serve missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Missions complicate the already complicated task of managing the BYU roster.

How many non Mormons go to BYU?

BYU spokesman Todd Hollingshead said about 1.5% of the student body is not a member of the Church.

How much of the BYU football team is Mormon?

Not to mention they have to take religion classes and live in a campus culture that is 99% LDS and far less racially diverse than the typical college campus. This prevents BYU from competing for many of the country’s most elite recruits.

Is BYU only for Mormons?

It’s no secret that BYU attracts members of the Church, but it’s also home to students of other faiths and faiths, such as Roman Catholics, Muslims, Greek Orthodox, and agnostics.

Who are BYU’s rival?

The Holy War is the name given to the college football rivalry game played annually by the Brigham Young University (BYU) Cougars and the University of Utah (U of U) Utes. It is part of BYUâUtah’s greatest sports rivalry.

Is BYU moving all sports to the Big 12? January 10, 2021. BYU will play all sports provided by the Big 12 except horseback riding, rowing, and wrestling. Men’s volleyball will continue to be played in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation, as the Big 12 does not offer the sport.

Who are BYU’s rivals?

BYU Cougars football
conference titles23 (1965, 1974, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1985, 20007, 20007, 20007, 20007, 20007, 20007, 20007, 20007, 20007
RivalriesUtah (Holy War) State of Utah (The Old Wagon Wheel)
Heisman winnersTy Detmer (1990)
Consensus All-Americans14

Who was QB when BYU won national championship?

Robbie Bosco was BYU’s starting quarterback from 1984-85 and led BYU to its first and only national football championship in 1984. Bosco became the first member of that 1984 team to be inducted into the BYU Athletic Hall of Fame.

Can you work at BYU and not be Mormon?

Recently, the Church Educational System (CES) announced that all new employees who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints must hold and be worthy to hold a valid temple recommend.

Do any non-Mormons go to BYU? There are clubs and other resources at BYU to help improve the experience for those who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These programs and clubs try to allow students to pray however they want, integrate into the BYU campus, and get the help they need.

What percentage of BYU faculty are Mormon?

More than 95 percent of faculty and students are Mormon. Because BYU is the only Mormon university in the United States and thousands of Mormon families want their children to be educated there, BYU is highly selective in its admissions.

How much is BYU if your not Mormon?

Tuition 2021-2022
Graduation student
credit hoursLatter-day SaintNot Latter-day Saint
8.5$7,104$14,208
0.5 8.0$836/credit$1,672/credit