Breaking News

Antony J. Blinken Secretary for Information – US Department of State The US economy is cooling down. Why experts say there’s no reason to worry yet US troops will leave Chad as another African country reassesses ties 2024 NFL Draft Grades, Day 2 Tracker: Analysis of Every Pick in the Second Round Darius Lawton, Sports Studies | News services | ECU NFL Draft 2024 live updates: Day 2 second- and third-round picks, trades, grades and Detroit news CBS Sports, Pluto TV Launch Champions League Soccer FAST Channel LSU Baseball – Live on the LSU Sports Radio Network The US House advanced a package of 95 billion Ukraine and Israel to vote on Saturday Will Israel’s Attack Deter Iran?

Women’s golf

Sun Devil women’s golf had its strongest outing of the season this week, finishing in fourth place at the Windy City Collegiate Classic in Highland Park, Ill.

Runners-up Calynne Rosholt (+5) and Grace Summerhays (+6) beat ASU, finishing in 12th and 19th place respectively. See the article : Mother of 4 makes a living teaching how to play video games: ‘I’m breaking this stigma’. Each of them fired 1-under in the final round of the tournament, catapulting the ASU to fourth place after the Sun Devils started the final day of the tournament in seventh place.

In her second college outing, freshman Beth Coulter used an even-for-second round to finish 8-over and draw for 24.

Freshman Paula Schulz-Hanssen also excelled, finishing the final round with a score of 72, tying up her best career. Schulz-Hanssen finished the tournament with 10 wins and drew in 35th place.

After a top 20 finish at ANNIKA, young Ashley Menne started Windy City at the top of the ASU line-up. He finished the tournament 14 times and drew in 47th place.

The ASU will look to harness this week’s momentum as it heads to Palo Alto on October 21 for the Stanford Intercollegiate.

Black Voices: An Open Letter to the United States
To see also :
We live in a country so backward that, despite its homophobic history,…

Men’s golf

ASU men’s golf continued its strong start to the season this week with a third place finish at the Ben Hogan Collegiate Invitational in Fort Worth, Texas on October 3 and 4.

The Sun Devils were led by sophomores Preston Summerhays (-3) and Josele Ballester (-1), who finished eighth and fifteenth respectively. This may interest you : MSU Sports Medicine keeps athletes and the public moving. The ASU finished the five-under tournament, sharing third place with Pepperdine.

After starting the final round of the tournament tied for 42nd place with 4 overs, Ryggs Johnston senior threw 3 unders and threw himself into a 22nd-place tie with fellow Sun Devil Michael Mjaaseth.

The ASU’s total 50 birdies were second only to the tournament winner, North Carolina.

The Sun Devils will soon compete at the East Lake Cup in Atlanta, Georgia, starting October 24. It will be their last tournament of the fall.

See the article :
The Baltimore Ravens’ season is over after a 24-17 wild card loss…

Soccer

The Sun Devils fell short of the trip to UCLA Bruins number 1 in the 4-0 standings on 6 October. On the same subject : The new Alone in the Dark game has been released ahead of its reveal.

The Bruins started the game by scoring two goals in the first six minutes. Junior forward Reilyn Turner scored first in the second minute followed by graduate student striker Ally Cook in the fifth minute.

The game calmed down and the Sun Devils tried to get back on the pitch.

However, the Bruins extended their lead to three in the 49th minute and added the finishing touch in the 70th minute to kill any chance of a comeback.

ASU fought offensively with five shots, one of which was on goal compared to UCLA’s 20 shots with 10 on goal.

Freshman Pauline Nelles has stellar play on goal with six saves.

After the defeat to UCLA, the Sun Devils tried to recover from the defeat against another ranked opponent, the USC.

The Trojans quickly put pressure on ASU by scoring two goals in the first 20 minutes of play. The Sun Devils kept the pressure on the Trojans with 21 hits.

The high pressure would soon hit the Trojans as freshman forward / midfielder Enasia Colon scored his second goal of the season to put the match within minutes of the second half. USC was too much for the Sun Devils when ASU dropped their third straight game.

The Sun Devils continue their campaign on October 14th at 7pm. MST when they host Utah.

This may interest you :
Decades ago, when smartphones magically transformed into gaming devices, I was a…

Hockey

ASU’s latest stop on its opening trip to two cities took the team to Bemidji state for a two-game set with the Beavers.

The first game went to the Sun Devils 3-0, with goals from junior forward Matthew Kopperud, second forward Jackson Niedermayer and second defender Ty Murchison leading the Maroons and Golds to victory.

BSU doubled ASU in shots and won another 10 faceoffs. Second-year goalkeeper TJ Semptimphelter was the backbone of the Sun Devils in game one, securing the exclusion with 40 saved between the tubes.

Game two was not so kind to Semptimphelter as he conceded five Beaver goals in the 5-4 overtime defeat at ASU. The Sun Devils maintained their power play in top form with two goals over the male lead of Kopperud and senior striker Robert Mastrosimone. Mastrosimone also added a goal of equal strength. Second-year striker Josh Doan added a goal of his own to complement the Sun Devils’ four goals.

The ASU ended its 1-3 road trip, but one of ASU’s two overtime defeats came against Minnesota No.4 Duluth and the other against a Bemidji state team that finished its previous season in his conference league. There is a lot of optimism for this ASU team.

The Sun Devils will play at Mullett Arena for the first time this season on Friday and Saturday at 7pm. MST v Colgate.

Volleyball

ASU volleyball welcomed both Los Angeles schools to Tempe, but it wasn’t the best of the weekends for the Sun Devils, going 0-2.

In the first match against UCLA, the Bruins wiped out the Sun Devils in two sets 25-15, 25-18 and 25-21. The numbers reflect the ASU’s performance, which nearly doubled in digging, producing 16 fewer kills and getting 18 fewer assists. A positive point for the Sun Devils was senior setter Shannon Shields who scored 20 assists in the game.

The Sun Devils faced the USC Trojans in the second match of the weekend. ASU had a hot start, winning the first set 25-18, but continued to give up the next three sets to Trojans 25-13, 25-23 and 25-16.

Shields was once again a bright spot for the Sun Devils, recording 26 assists. The Sun Devils provided a solid defense against Trojans with 51 digs, 19 more than UCLA.

Another weekend of opportunity against California schools awaits the Sun Devils in Tempe this weekend. The ASU will face California on Friday at 5:30 pm. and n. 7 Stanford Sunday at 3pm at the Desert Financial Arena.

Curated by Kathryn Field, David Rodish and Kristen Apolline Castillo.

Reach reporters at jeigo@asu.edu, alkalmba@asu.edu, wakefi3@asu.edu and bsilvyn@asu.edu and follow them @_alexwakefield, @ adokalm32, @JosephEigo and @BSilvyn on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepresssport on Twitter.

Addison Kalmbach is a reporter for The State Press Sports desk. He previously worked for Detroit City FC and PHOENIX Magazine.

Bennett Silvyn is a reporter for The State Press sports desk. Previously he worked for Walter Cronkite Sports Network and FC Tucson.

Continue to support student journalism e