Breaking News

Antony J. Blinken Secretary for Information – US Department of State The US economy is cooling down. Why experts say there’s no reason to worry yet US troops will leave Chad as another African country reassesses ties 2024 NFL Draft Grades, Day 2 Tracker: Analysis of Every Pick in the Second Round Darius Lawton, Sports Studies | News services | ECU NFL Draft 2024 live updates: Day 2 second- and third-round picks, trades, grades and Detroit news CBS Sports, Pluto TV Launch Champions League Soccer FAST Channel LSU Baseball – Live on the LSU Sports Radio Network The US House advanced a package of 95 billion Ukraine and Israel to vote on Saturday Will Israel’s Attack Deter Iran?

(Screenshot from Facebook Grand Forks)

GRAND FORKS – Board members provide their comments on costs and economic impact for a potential multi-use indoor sports facility and indoor water sports center.

During board meetings with members of the Grand Forks Parks Board Commission, consultants presented information on community input, site location plans, and facility costs.

BarryDunn/GreenPlay was hired by the Grand Forks Park District in April to complete a feasibility study of a future multi-use indoor sports facility and indoor water sports center in Grand Forks. Indoor multi-use sports facility that will potentially host competitive games with facilities such as grass courts for soccer, soccer, lacrosse, baseball, softball, and similar sports; running track; courts for basketball, volleyball, pickleball and similar sports. Indoor water facilities will have competitive swimming and diving pools, lap pools, and other features.

The Park District began exploring potential facilities based on community needs, said George Hellyer, executive director.

Within the city, indoor swimming pools are limited. There is an indoor pool at Choice Health and Fitness and YMCA. The Hyslop Sports Center at UND also has a pool, but the building is proposed to close in the coming years. Hellyer said the Park District had also been hearing from the community and stakeholders about the need for a lawn facility for years.

“The winters are long in Grand Forks and the summers are short. It will be an opportunity to provide year-round training and regional tournaments and other possibilities for the Grand Forks kids,” said Hellyer.

While the concept of a single facility combining the turf and aquatic centers together was looked at from early feasibility studies, Zack Bisek with BRS Architects said separating them into two facilities was determined to be the best option.

Several locations were considered for both facilities, including Choice Health and Fitness and the UND campus for a water sports center. Choice Health and Fitness is also considered a site for a lawn facility, as well as the Columbia Mall and nearby Alerus Center.

Board members received preferred concept previews for both facilities as identified in the feasibility study. Choice Health and Fitness was proposed as the preferred location for the water sports center and the Alerus Center was proposed as the preferred location for the lawn facility.

For indoor sports facility location options at Alerus Center locations, pricing is subject to whether the golf salesperson will be included. If golf vendors are included, the total project cost is estimated at over $101 million. If the vendor is not included in the facility, the total cost is estimated at $103 million. The water sports center on the Choice Health and Fitness website is estimated to cost $37 million.

The project costs for both factors factor in inflation for the estimated construction date of 2025.

The consultants gather community feedback through face-to-face focus groups, stakeholder interviews, online feedback and public surveys. An online public opinion poll conducted via Social Pinpoint asked residents whether they believed the city needed an indoor multi-use sports facility, a water sports center, or both. The majority of respondents said the city needed both the sports facilities and the water sports center to be combined into one building, or if there were two separate facilities.

In addition, the consultant sent out a total of 8,500 residents inviting them to take an online survey seeking feedback on potential facilities. Of the 1,108 survey responses, more than half felt that it was very important or very important to develop a community center with indoor grass, courts, or an indoor competitive pool. About 79% of invitee respondents said they might or would definitely support expanding the Alerus Center sales tax to support the facility.

Pat O’Toole, a manager at BerryDunn, said while more than half of respondents said they supported expanding the sales tax, that didn’t mean those people would vote for expanding the tax, which would have to go through a citywide vote.

“I always tell people they are not the same people who are going to the polls. This is good news, but I still think you need to be aggressive as if this number is not this high,” he said.

Funding scenarios for the facility include the possibility of extending the Alerus Center sales tax of 0.75% for 30 years. The sales tax has resulted in approximately $10 million in collections to serve debt service and capital requirements at the Alerus Center. Additional funding options include personal fundraising, bonding, and other income funding.

Fund Council President Sande said the funding needs for the facilities were extensive and voiced concern about how the Park District would fund them.

“I’m not against it, it’s just a lot of money,” said Sande. “We put a punch above our weight in Grand Forks in terms of finishing a project like this and I think we can do it. I think we have to be very open and honest with people (about) what’s going to happen.”

Mayor Brandon Bochenski asked whether water sports centers would have more running costs than lawn facilities. Because of the equipment needed, O’Toole said higher running costs for swimming pools were common, but having an aquatic center would still add value to the city.

“There are benefits for everyone in the community to expand swimming lessons, water aerobics for seniors, all that kind of stuff,” he says.

Despite concerns over funding, board members shared their support for the facility and the revenue youth sport generates in the community. Board member Danny Weigel cites a report indicating that the youth sports industry is making more money than the NFL industry.

“I think youth sports are here to stay,” Weigel said. “I think people will continue to travel for them and I think it’s an important investment in our community if we want to diversify ourselves a little bit more.”

Another joint meeting is scheduled for March when the facility’s operating expenses will be presented.

Meghan Arbegast grew up in Security-Widefield, Colorado. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Journalism from North Dakota State University in Fargo, in 2021.

Arbegast wrote for The Spectrum, NDSU’s student newspaper, for three years and was Chief News Editor for two. She interned in University Relations for the last two semesters of college.

Arbegast covers news related to the city of Grand Forks/East Grand Forks including town hall coverage.

Readers can contact Arbegast at 701-780-1267 or MArbegast@gfherald.com.

Pronouns: He / The language: English

Is the Morgan Hill Aquatic Center open?

05.00 – 21.30

Is the UMD pool open? The swimming pool is now open! Lifeguards are on duty for all programming. This may interest you : My lack of athletic talent was only surpassed by my lack of interest, but now I’m a sports dad.

Letter: Strengthening storage | Fractious Cupertino | Same politics | Independence of power | Video games
See the article :
Submit your letter to the editor of this form. Read more letters…

How much is Will Rogers Aquatic Center?

Resident RogersNon resident
48″ and up = $1248″ and above $15
Under 48″ = $8 Under 36″ = Seniors FREE = $8Under 48″ = $10 Under 36″ = Seniors FREE = $8

When was the Rogers Aquatic Center built? Rogers Water Center | Rogers, Ark. The result, completed in 2013 at a cost of $12 million and funded through a municipal bond issue, is this relaxing water park/pool mix, which the designers call Northwest Arkansas’ premier outdoor urban aquatic venue.

BETMGM & NBC SPORTS INTRODUCE COMBINED COMBINATION FOR NFL SEASON TRADING
See the article :
BetMGM odds and insights also include content from NBC Sports personalities Chris…

How much does it cost to go to Mcmurtrey Aquatic Center?

Great place to swim in Bakersfield $4.00 per session or you can pay for 30 sessions. Pool and bathrooms clean. Read also : JD Sports expects earnings to match last year’s record on strong demand. There are many lifeguards. I love that also they have pull buoys and kick boards for you.

See the article :
If possible, have the sick person use a separate bedroom and bathroom.…

How much does the Snohomish Aquatic Center cost?

The fee is $130/child for Guests and $104/child for Snohomish City Residents. On the same subject : Nevada vs. San Diego State live stream, odds, channels, predictions, how to watch on CBS Sports Network. Holders of 3-month and annual passes (not applicable to guests with 3-month and annual fit water passes) may visit the Snohomish Aquatic Center as often as desired during their scheduled open swim/spin times.

When was the Snohomish Aquatic Center built? The 52,000 square foot Snohomish Aquatic Center opened in January 2014.

Who owns Snohomish Aquatic Center?

The Snohomish Water Center is a 52,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility owned and operated by the Snohomish School District.